Gamebook store

Friday 7 December 2012

One kick is all it takes

Arcana Agency: The Thief of Memories, Megara Entertainment's revolutionary reboot of the choose-your-own format, is now past the 60% mark for funding on Kickstarter. That's the good news. The other news - not bad as such, but urgent - is that there are only 6 days left to go.

I'm looking at the rewards, and for $40 (that's about £25) you get the lavish full-colour hardback Arcana Agency gamebook by Paul Gresty, and a PDF of Megara's beautiful Art of the Fabled Lands book. Not to mention the satisfaction of helping a team of passionate creative people to bring a really worthwhile product into existence.

So... six days to go. That means the project just needs 22 new backers a day to get over the finishing line. If you still aren't sure, check out this article on the game mechanics, or this one on Paul Gresty's love of detective stories, from Sherlock Holmes to Detective Comics. Or just pick up this free taster adventure and find out why Arcana Agency is part of the exciting new generation of interactive fiction.

Incidentally, if anyone has tried the free adventure and feels like starting a discussion - on the setting, the writing, the game system or anything else - well, that's what the comments button is there for!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Dave! I'm really short of time so I'll be brief. I wanted to say that loved the free adventure and make me think of how in just a few paragraphs you could tell a good story.

    I want the hardcover book too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ikaros. I'm hoping Megara will meet their target as they have a great product and they deserve it. Even if the Kickstarter fails (which would be a tragedy when so many undeserving Kickstarter projects do succeed) they will still find a way to publish the book, I'm sure.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for mentioning our project again, Dave! Here's hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Richard. It's going to be a close-run thing, but I'm willing you guys on to make it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Dave... I've been a bit slow on spotting this blog post, but thanks for talking about us again. By now you've seen the good news that we've managed to pass our target. Thunderbirds are go.

    Time for shandy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad for the project success!!!
    I raised for the signed version :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Kickstarter project has succeded, I'm very happy about it. Jon Green's special FF project is going well too, 20 days left and half of the amount has been already reached. What do you expect to start a Kickstarter for FL 7-8? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid that 50 or 100 diehard fans on Kickstarter aren't going to swing it. We need a new audience. Jamie and I thought we had a developer signed up to do apps of FL 1-6. If those go ahead and are successful, FL 7-12 would become viable. I'm using the past tense though because we had one developer who failed to deliver on time, so now we're looking for another. Keep all fingers crossed!

      Delete