Gamebook store

Wednesday 3 October 2012

How to take over the world


We interrupt our programme of super-creepy bodiless head-creatures from nightmare, folktale and fantasy gaming to bring you the trailer for Dark Lord: The Early Years, which goes on release (I nearly wrote "on the rampage") in the USA this week. It's not a gamebook, but it is Jamie's masterwork, and the best recommendation I can give it is to say that I have not met a single person who, having read it, hasn't thought it's one of the most brilliant novels ever. And that includes the Roald Dahl prize judges, presumably.

6 comments:

  1. I've read it, loved it and recommended to Y5 and Y6 pupils at the school where I teach and those who read it loved it too and put up book reviews of it on the class walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing that's kids of about 9 or 10? I would have loved the book at that age. I mean, I like it now, but if I'd read it then I would've gone around for weeks modelling my whole life on Dirk.

      Delete
    2. Top end of junior school, so 9-11. If Dirk could write a little message to the pupils of Hutton Rudby Primary School I will pass it on to them,

      Oliver

      Delete
    3. Righty-ho. I've mailed that over so Jamie'll fix it. (But not in the way that Jimmy Savile used to. Allegedly.)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much - the kids will be made up.

    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oliver - drop an email too the info address and I'll get ask Dirk politely to write a letter or something.

    ReplyDelete